Skip to main content

The 'non-stereotypical' woman.




Women in india are taught that marriage is a business transaction, wherein you can exchange your education, status, marry a suitable guy and live your life happily after.

“ Beta, why don’t you get married?” , “Get a direction in life?, your husband will take care of you” are some of the common phrases to be heard. The hypocritical society will tell you to be independent, smart and then will bash you up for being ambitious and strong minded.

Do not succumb to the pressure of getting married ever. An accomplished life partner is not your step to success, your success ,lies in your hands, do not let the society fill you up with self doubt and the thought that women are suppose to do only certain things in life . You are above and beyond that. A woman is an all rounder. Your marital status doesn’t define you. Being unmarried and sassy is the new status and can be handled by few people only. It’s a tag that Indian society might not help you live with it but to do something big in life, firstly fight the stereotypes, fight your fears, life is not what society projects, its what you what it to mean for yourself.

Achieve your dreams, go travel, and yes you do not need a male to validate your existence. You can be single and happy. Marry, when you want. Make your career choices. Be free in your mind and heart. In the end, Its your life, you make it or break it.

You get to decide your vision of your life. Not fitting in this small glass of society ain’t your fault.

Let life unfold.

Let it unravel.

Its you who matters.



Love,

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STARS...

World is a beautiful place and our lives they say change direction with the alignment of the stars. Is it true ?? Can stars really direct our day to day life.. If yes then one day I dream to discover this energy which drives these stars. I want to empower my circumstances for life ain't just a piece of cake. Circumstances are the constant examination one has to tackle every minute everyday. These circumstances can be changed , change is the constant law. Change though constant is very hard to adapt, but once adapted it can make you happy in big ways. Life is a science which cannot be taught in classrooms yet only understood individually with one's own experiences. I reside in a hostel and it amazes me to see how different are everyone from each other. The very fact that life with its unpredictability is very delicate in nature and so are people. People are different in the way they are bought up and conditioning environments but the general behavior of people seldom ch...

THE AIRCRAFT VISIONARY

I like to travel by air. Siting in the aircraft and experiencing that sweet twirl in the stomach when the plane takes off is what that I like the most. journeys are always a Pandora to see , observe other people. To see how they react, behave and to imagine the kind of lifes they live. The kind of dreams and aspirations they endure. Its a very very lucrative experience. One can easily spend hours gazing at people and wondering about their lives. Amidst my journey, I feel a persistent vacuum , a self realization of things and goals that matter to me. This is probably the best time think about yourself, sitting all alone with thoughts in your head surrounded by strange ,unknown people. No body by far bothering you or is there to break that bubble of thoughts you have been enduring. So what kind of thoughts get me dunk in my seat and make me write are pretty hay-wire to begin. I am thinking about the vast potential a person holds, that caliber and capacity to scale heights reaching sky. ...

I FEEL ...

Life is such an irony. When we are a child, we wish to grow up. Now that we have grown up, we wish to go back to our childhood days and return that innocence back into our life. Carelessness in those surroundings, that free spirited soul and mind. That Era of innocence is the most magnificent era of our lives. Th e innocence of th ose days we wi ll wan t to treasure for an eternity to last. Free from the worry of what future will lead to.. I am caught up in this swirl of emotions , emotion’s that express my feeling of being numb, that empty space or the void I feel inside and the need for some to fill me up like never before. I ask myself why do I feel that way, answers lie deep within me buried somewhere refusing to come up and show me that faint light that would lead me to contentment. I a m upset, very upset from myself. I realize that I have stopped loving myself. There was this time when I used to love myself and eventually give others that kind of love they deserve...