Skip to main content

Virtual Trauma.

Have we lost the essence of things we do?  These days, expressing is more about snap chat, emoticons, face time or texting. Where is that old school way of expressing?
Even a simple " I love you" has bruised itself to ILY.  It is just kind of sad, that relationships these days are more digitally dependent than ever, not that it doesn't come with great amount of advantages for the LDR's ( Long Distance Relationships) but overdoing the technology has actually evoked our sensitivity as humans. These days, enjoying our own company is more like, sitting by ourselves, and using our smartphones. I am a victim of this technology and I'd admit, that it has taken a toll over me.

I mean honestly, it has just kind of started to seem stupid to go up to a stranger and start up a conversation in person without looking stupid or desperate , for its more convenient to that over virtual platforms available today.

There just so much out there on the web, on the virtual space that it has outshone the real world, outliving the real emotions, the real people. Your popularity over web is of greater significance. You might be a different person in reality but your social profile speaks hundreds of different things about you, which you might not even are.

On Instagram I see so many women, vouching for how much they love their bodies and body positive campaigns but ironically they want people to follow them, like there pictures, they are seeking acceptance for who they are. Captioned by the reasoning why they do so and how they are propagation or spreading awareness.  These things are beyond my comprehension but all i can say is, it makes people happy. Yes, Being accepted on social platforms has become a way of happiness for a lot of people. But, the question is, Are you proud of the person you are in reality? Do real people around you are happy to see you.

This world can be dillusional. Sometimes it becomes difficult to differentitate bewtween the veil of virtuality and real life. This is of grave importance to understand and act, people who are friend over virtual platforms, wouldn't come to help you in real life. Only real people would. So make very person around you a valued one. We prioritize friends who are miles far away just to devalue the ones sititng right infront.

I'd always play my imagination a rather vividly and wonder, what if there was no tinder, no facebook, no instagram, no snapchats,  no facetime. Wouldn't we take our relations a little more seriously and would make every moment count, by actually living the moment, rather than trying to capture the moment perfectly, so that could go on your facebook page to recieve appreciation.

Wouldn't romance mean a little differently in this hypothetical world. It would be devoid of emoticons and sugar coated texts,rather filled with colored pages of long letters, or taking time to meet a person you love. I think priorities would be managed in a better way and people who mean the most to you, would know that through your gestures, not texts.

I think of because of exposure this world gives us virtually, we tend to think, we can always find another one. Another friend, another lover, another confidant. There will always be a scope of someone better, because of this far fetched web world. Honestly, every relationship has to be made effort into to make it work. not everything is served on platter.

So, seize what you have today. There would always be a possibilty of a better, perfect one. But, the perfect one may not always be the best for you.

On the contrary, obviously technology has loads of advantage as well. But this facet of technology which is somehow eating us away like termites, slowly and passively is something non dismissible and to be pondered upon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional Love

A self-less love is an unconditional love. The kind of love our parents shower on us, without any expectations, without any conditions, inhibitions, possessiveness, boundaries. It is the kind of love that flows like energy, an aura that constantly revolves around us. Love is not merely doing things which are expected out of you from the society. It is that stepping stone that lets an individual take a higher road. It lets you love a person without any sort of expectation, looking beyond the imperfections and just loving. As simple as it sounds, it is a difficult thing to master. I think love is a form of meditation, Perhaps that is why it seems like a daunting task to love a person.  We often complain about the people we love, but are we perfect enough to find the flaws in other's? Do we ever self introspect before condemning a person? The answer is NO. We relate people to materialistic things, Maybe that is why it becomes harder to connect to another person and love unco

Enlightenment.

This word has intrigued me for so long. What does it mean anyway? In my quest of finding answers, I encountered a lot of ART OF LIVING workshops, where they read verses from the holy BHAGWAD GEETA and compared that with the practical truth in life. They guide people to live a content life, give a sense of direction if your lost,if your soul is restless. They help you heal from within, well for certain people. But for me, this never attracted me, for me this was not enlightenment somehow. I read about meditation, about how it opens your third eye, how it helps in bringing the light to your darkened diminished soul. But that didn't feel like the enlightenment at all, strangely! Then, as I grew up, I learned about yoga, how it brings a person at peace, yes certainly it does ,but my question still remains unanswered. Did it help me enlighten my soul? I tried taking a Reiki healing course in quest of feeling and experiencing that spark, I thought, my soul longed for. I thoroughly b

Thoughts from a diary of an Amateur Doctor.

I was merely 5 years old ... when I incepted the notion that I wanted to become a doctor, I was so mesmerized and fascinated by the profession. In childhood it was a profession that everyone wanted to endure and targeted their aim at. With the steps of every class, for some people that dream faded away.. that image of becoming a doctor diminished.. but I clanged onto it. I always endured and visualized that image of me wearing a white coat with a stethoscope around. This particular profession excited me.. it tempted me..As I grew up my wish to become a doctor morphed into the only passion i wanted to pursue. Eventually I  realized  that the more fascination of this profession seems from outside , triple the amount of effort you need to put to lay down your foundation of becoming one. Nothing.. believe me nothing at all could deter my aim of becoming a doctor. And today I am in a medical college pursuing my dream. A dream that I nourished since my childhood. Commencing my medic